Saturday, October 29, 2011

Perfect day for cooking and crafting on the east coast!

I grew cheese pumpkins in my garden... I'm not sure how it happened but my kids love all things pumpkin. Today was yucky weather and perfect for baking in our jammies! Here's my recipe: 1 3/4 to 2 c fresh pumpkin blended in blendtek, add to blender 2 eggs, can condensed sweetened milk, 1/2 c brown sugar, 1tsp salt, 2 tbsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp cloves, 1tsp nutmeg, 1 tsp fresh ginger, 2 tbsp orange juice, & orange zest. Pulse just til mixed and pour in your pie shell of choice. Bake in preheated 350• oven for 1hr. Fresh whipped cream makes this! Feel free to add some gran marnier to the whipping cream for the adult version or tbsp of oj for the kid friendly! Yum! Shae said this was a great day. I love that:)

No comments:

Post a Comment